Yield: 8 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- Cook your bacon until crisp while browning your sausage over high heat in a large pot. As the sausage is cooking, break it up into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, dice 1 whole white onion and dice 3 garlic cloves and set aside.
- Drain fat from sausage once it is browned and set aside.
- Place onions and garlic in the pot and cook until translucent.
- Meanwhile place your bacon on a paper towel to cool.
- Chop potatoes by cutting lengthwise and chopping into 1/2 inch pieces vertically.
- Place chicken broth, potatoes, sausage, bacon, and spices into pot and cook on medium until the potatoes just become tender, about 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, pour in heavy whipping cream, combine, and top with kale.
- Mix together until the kale is wilted and serve.
I love this recipe so much! I only have it a couple of times a year (including for Christmas dinner). I guarantee you will love it if you give it a try and it’s such a simple one pot meal. Let me know if you end up making it!