- 2 Tbsp. shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
- Medium sized flour tortilla
- Fried chicken tender or breast
- 1/2 cup coleslaw
- pinch chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. pickled red onion
- 4 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Blend the ranch dressing, cilantro and lime for 1 minute. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare fried chicken by making from scratch or reheating store bought chicken. Meanwhile…
- Sprinkle cheese along edge of skillet over medium heat. Once cheese begins to melt, press a tortilla firmly to bind to cheese.
- Once chicken is thoroughly heated, place onto tortilla and top with coleslaw, cilantro, jalapeno slices, pickled onions, and sauce.
- Once cheese starts to harden and turn golden brown, plate with lime wedges and a side of green sauce.
*if making pickled onions and coleslaw from scratch, add in chopped red onion and a splash of white vinegar to a saucepan, half as much of apple cider vinegar, and a bit of maple syrup. Bring to a boil until the onions become pink. Pour remaining liquid into a dish and combine it with chopped green cabbage as well as 1 to 2 Tbsp. Mayo depending on preference. Combine and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.*