- 1lb ground turkey
- Taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water & 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can of corn
- 2 (15.25 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 jalapenos (optional)
- 6 bell peppers
- cheese of choice
- You can purchase precooked rice, but if you want to cook it yourself I do a 1:2 ratio (1 cup rice with 2 cups water) and simmer for about 30 minutes until the water evaporates. It’s best to cook a bunch and toss in the freezer for easy meal prepping.
- Brown meat in a large skillet, drain fat. Add onions and taco seasoning and stir with 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in rice, corn, tomatoes, black beans, and jalapenos. Stir and keep warm on low.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and discard seeds and membranes.
- Turn off the heat to the skillet and place bell peppers snug in a baking dish and stuff with skillet mixture. Pour 1/2 cup of water on the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheese (optional) and continue cooking for 10 minutes. If not adding cheese continue cooking with foil for a total of 40 minutes.