This has been my staple for years. It’s so healthy, easy to make and always turns out looking beautiful. It’s so satisfying when I make this for someone who either skips breakfast or is used to eating an unhealthy breakfast and they end up loving it. It not only is a well balanced meal that tastes good but it is packed with antioxidants and will give you the energy you need to start your day.
14g carbs | 18g fat | 17g protein
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs (1 whole, 1 egg white)
- 1/2 mushroom, chopped
- 1/4th bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 pepperoncini, sliced (optional)
- 1 small handful of spring mix
- 1/2 slice of swiss cheese (optional)
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4th avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa of choice. My favorites → 2 tablespoons Renfro’s Green Salsa & 1 tablespoon Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa
- spices of choice
Whisk eggs in small bowl. Toss chopped mushroom and half of the chopped bell pepper into the egg bowl, stir.
Heat olive oil on medium skillet (6-7 inches) on low heat. With my gas stove I cook it on the second to lowest temperature. Pour in egg mixture, season, and cook for 3 minutes.
Edges should look cooked and you should be able to flip the egg carefully with a spatula so the runny side can be cooked.
Place cheese (optional) on newly flipped side as well as tomatoes, spring mix, pepperoncini, jalapeno, and remaining bell pepper. Cook for one minute.
Turn off heat and fold egg in half. Guide onto plate with spatula and top with salsa, spices, and avocado.