This is by far my favorite food invention of all time. I love breakfast and I definitely prefer a savory meal over a sweet one to start my day. Everyone that I have made this for is blown away and its time to share it with you :). Hopefully you will give it a try and it will be a staple for you as well.
Macros: Carbs – 35g | Protein – 15 g | Fat – 12g
- 1 egg (can substitute for an egg white for 55 less calories)
- 1 Light Multi-Grain English Muffin
- 1 Laughing Cow Light wedge
- 1 horizontal slice of bell pepper (see picture above)
- Approx. 1/4th of avocado (24g)
- Approx. 1 tsp (4g) gorgonzola cheese
- Small handful of spring mix
- Olive oil
- Spices of choice
Slice English muffin and toast as desired. Heat skillet on medium with a little bit of olive oil. Place bell pepper slice on skillet and crack one egg in the center of the bell pepper. Season with your favorite seasonings. Lower the heat to medium-low and place a small amount of water in the skillet and cover with the lid to steam cook the top until it is solid enough to flip. As that cooks, its time to set up your muffin!
Mash avocado on the lid of the English muffin and sprinkle with small amount of salt. Smear the Laughing Cow cheese on the bottom of the English muffin and top with Gorgonzola.
Remove the lid from the skillet and flip your egg. If you like your yolk runny you will only need to leave it flipped for about a minute. Leave for about 3 minutes if you like it cooked thoroughly. (Side note: this recipe tastes just as good with a scrambled egg in the center so feel free to do that if you prefer it.)
Begin assembling your sandwich by placing the egg on top of the Gorgonzola, topping it with lettuce and closing it with the avocado covered lid. Plate and dig in! 🙂
- Toast English muffin
- Mash avocado on lid, sprinkle with salt
- Smear Laughing Cow cheese on base and top with Gorgonzola
- Cook egg inside bell pepper as preferred
- Assemble sandwich with bell pepper, egg, and lettuce.